CALL FOR APPLICATIONS for participation in
26th FESTIVAL OF ECOLOGICAL THEATER FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Bačka Palanka, Serbia
20th – 23th August 2020
“The Festival of Ecological Theater for Children and Youth” is open for applications for plays that will be part of our 26th Festival, which will take place from 20th to 23th August in Bačka Palanka. Applications are open to all professional theater troupes that perform plays for children and youth.
- Plays exclusively intended for children of pre-school and younger age;
- Plays must be performed by professionals;
- Every type of theatrical performance is eligible (puppet show, acting show, choreodramas, shadow theater, musical, monodrama, duodrama...);
- Plays should relate to themes of protection of environment, ecology and ecology of the spirit.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application form (click on the LINK to complete your online application).
All entries must be submitted no later than December 15, 2019!
Incomplete applications or applications submitted after the stated deadline will not be considered. All applicants will be informed about the submission approval, no longer than 10 days after receiving your application. You will be notified about your application status, and continuation of the selection process. Supporting documentation/material will not be returned but will be kept in the Festival’s archives, used only for the purposes of selection and promotion of the Festival’s program (program book, posters, website, social networks, and promo video). If you have any trouble with our online application form or any additional questions, feel free to contact us at
Selection process begins with an analysis of the received applications. The Festival Selector will review the submissions, after what they will decide the time and place for showing the plays, all in cooperation with applicants.
After having seen all of the plays, the Selector will choose 5 to 10 plays that will take part in the competing program of 26th Festival of Ecological Theater for Children and Youth.
The main criteria for initial selection is the artistic quality, as well as technical requirements of the play (LINK TO THE FESTIVAL’S SCENE LAYOUT). Quality of submitted plays, as well as possibility for conducting them, shall be assessed by the Festival’s selector, playwright TIJANA GRUMIĆ.
All parties will be informed by e-mail about the preliminary results of the selection no later than 15th January 2020, and the final results will be announced on Festival’s website (www.fep.org.rs) no later than 1st July 2020.
“THE GOOD TREE” AWARD
- Award for the best play in entirety by decision of the professional jury
- Award for the play most suitable for children by decision of the children’s jury
- Award for the best play according to audience’s votes
- Individual awards by decision of the professional jury (special award, acting awards, visual identity award, etc.)
- Award given by the Festival’s Council and Artistic Committee for exceptional contribution to artistry for children and youth
The award given by the professional jury is decided on by a three-person panel consisting of:
- Renown theatrical artists,
- Pedagogues (specially awarded and known for their work with children,
- Ecologists, protectors of environment.
Names of the professional panelists shall be announced additionally.
The children’s jury award is decided on by a panel of seven children, aged 4-14, with a specific affinity for the theatrical arts. Mentor of the children’s jury is a teacher.
The audience award is decided by grading of each play on a scale of 1 to 5, as well as on an emotions scale for those younger that the age of 5.
ОThe award for exceptional contribution to artistry for children and youth is decided by the Festival’s Council and Artistic Committee.
TERMS OF VISIT:
In accordance with the possibilities of the Festival organizers, travel expenses to Bačka Palanka and back are covered by the participants, while the expenses of local transport and transportation from airport and back (in case of hosting theater from abroad), accommodation (up to 3 nights), food and technical support are covered by the Festival organizers.